If you are really curious to answer this question : What are backlinks? you should read this great article carefully.
What Are Backlinks ?
Backlinks are crucial elements in boosting your SEO (search engine optimization) campaigns. In non-technical language, they refer to websites, blogs, or other pages that link to your site. Thus, SEO campaigners also refer to backlinks as inbound links or incoming links.
Why Are Backlinks Important to SEO
Backlinks are important to SEO in many ways, such as:
- Google uses it to measure how relevant and authoritative your web pages are.
- Earning quality backlinks will enable your site to rank higher in the search engine results page (SERP)
- If you know “what are backlinks” and you earn them through ethical methods, these inbound links will earn for you highly targeted traffic.
Your inbound links will enable you to strengthen your site’s visibility on the web. If your site is popular, relevant, and authoritative, Google will reward you with a page one ranking on its search engine results page.
How Backlinks Influence Your SEO Ranking
Up to this moment, a considerable part of Google’s algorithm is about measuring links. In fact, the king of the search engines has strengthened the role of backlinks in determining website ranking.
What are backlinks? To Google, your backlinks are a measure of your trustworthiness. If you want to rank higher in the search engines, earn the trust of both your traffic and Google.
To do this, be aware of the kind of backlinks that Google does not like. These are:
- Paid links – Google does not favor paid links. Paid links are about buying and selling of links.
This can involve: (a) paying with money in exchange of links, (b) exchanging either goods or services for these links, and (c) sending or offering free products in exchange of reviews or articles containing the desired links.
- Unnecessary links – What are backlinks? They do not include unnecessary links. Over-linking is one of Google’s pet peeves. Too much linking, especially with sites that are unrelated to your content, makes your backlinks unnatural.
- Too many anchor texts – make your web content look as if it is spam. Therefore, learn the proper way to use and optimize your anchor texts. Keep in mind that Google updates are about fighting spam. Don’t make your link an invitation for Google to penalize your site.
- Poor quality backlinks – if you use black hat SEO techniques, chances are high you’ll earn poor quality backlinks. You are better off strengthening your content to earn natural links. If you need to submit to article directories, choose the best.
- Bulk links – What are backlinks? They are not bulk links. Therefore, in link building, focus on the quality of your backlinks rather than the quantity.
This is especially true with the continuous update releases by Google. These update releases aim to eliminate spam by encouraging websites to increase their relevance.
How to Boost Your SEO Campaigns with Backlinks
The right backlinks can drive your website to page one ranking in the search engine results page. Here’s how you can boost your website’s SEO campaigns through building links:
- Use the right keywords. Before you can expect websites to link with your content, you should make sure that your content is relevant and well written. Using keywords make your content searchable and visible to the web population.
- Make sure you are linking with influencers relevant to your niche. Relevance is the key in ranking higher on SERP. The more relevant your content and your backlinks are, the greater the chances to rank on page one of Google’s SERP.
Read these two post to get access to free backlinks generator websites and services :
What are backlinks? They are quality links relevant to your site that will enable you to earn authority, popularity, and visibility on the web. Boost your SEO campaigns with your backlinks.