Awesome slides by Rand Fishkin on Why Content Marketing Fails and How to prepare an effective content marketing strategy. He defines 5 reasons why content marketing strategy might fail:
- You did believe the biggest story content marketing ever told the world
- You Generate content without considering the community
- You are investing in content creation, but not in it’s improvement
- You forgot about the most important factor of content: SEO
- You gave up so quick.
Why Content Marketing Fails
I think promoting your “epic content” is a long term investment. If you’re creating content that will be highly valuable and relevant a year or two from now, don’t stop promoting it.
I’m sure now you got some idea about Why Content Marketing Fails boy now I wanna share with you how to avoid it.
How to do it:
- Continue experimenting with different FB audiences
- Continue to link building and do outreach using Brian Deans Skyscraper method and other mutually helpful link building methods.
- Mention it and link to it in your future content efforts when relevant.
- Add it to your email newsletter template.
- Continuously experiment with different channels/platforms (outbrain, nrelate etc.)
- Set Google alerts/Mention alerts for relevant keywords to find opportunities to bring up the resource in Q&A/Forum sites and on Social Media.